Sunday 24 August 2014

Ultrabland Facial Cleanser from Lush

Lush describe this as one of their 'cult products' and on the packaging it says it's 'the Lush founders' No 1 Desert Island Product' which, naturally, meant I had high expectations, but boy, did they deliver.

I came across this product while in store chatting to one of the lovely employees about face masks as she tested some of the back of my hand and she asked if I'd tried it. She tested it on the back of my hand and then gave me a sample pot and I think it's very telling that I went back to buy it about a week later. I also think it's telling that when I bought it, almost every single employee in the shop couldn't help but say 'is that Ultrabland? Oh my goodness I love it so much, you'll love it!'. 

So what is Ultrabland? It's a very easy way of taking your make up off and cleansing your skin that is perfect if you're quite lazy with your skin (like me) but like to pretend you're not (like me). You get some of the product and put it all over your face, including eyes - this stuff even gets off water proof mascarra, and then wipe it off with a warm, damp cotton pad or flannel. It really is that simple.

I have quite dry skin and this is one of the only products I've ever found that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight after I've used it. Every night I notice how soft my skin feels when I take my make up off and there is no doubt in my mind it's all down to this bad boy. If I'm having a particularly lazy night I don't bother using anything other than this product, although I do usually use a bit of moisturiser afterwards just because I want to minimise how dry my skin is. 

Another thing the packaging on this says is that if you have particularly problem skin, using nothing but Ultrabland for a month will sort it right out. I've not tried that but from my experience of the product I would not be surprised.

I can definitely see why this is a 'cult product' and it deserves all of the attention it gets. I think I might find it difficult to use a different make up remover ever again! Luckily this stuff isn't too expensive (£6.95 for 45g or £10.95 for 100g) and lasts for ages! The girls at Lush told me this product stays fresh for about 14 months and I honestly think it might take me that long to get through it!

Have you tried Ultrabland? Let me know what you thought in the comments! If you're in Lush any time soon don't be afraid to ask for a sample of this so you can see for yourself how fab it is!

Lucy x

Shop the post:
(click to buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment